- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect We use your information (including without limitation Decision Games Information) in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Services and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Services (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Services and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze and report on trends, administer or optimize the Services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Services) and gather demographic and other information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, reminders and information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in Section 7 below (Your Controls and Choices);
- Sharing Decision Games Information.
If you access the Decision Games through or at the request of a financial services firm, media company or other third party (“Partner”), we may share your Decision Games Information with such Partner.
- Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information or Decision Games Information to third parties except as set forth in Section 3 (Decision Games Information) and in the following other limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Services, among other things;
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share and/or transfer your personally identifiable information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personally identifiable information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
- Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
- Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide all or certain features of the Services to you.Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Services. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.Blocking Cookies. You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the Services may cease to function properly if you do so.How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Services do not respond to this type of signal.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.Please note that if you cease using the Services or we terminate your access to the Services in accordance with our Terms of Service, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information.We may retain your information as necessary to support the Services, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Services even if you cease using the Services, or we terminate your access to the Services.
- No Children Under Age 13
- Your California Privacy Rights and Disclosures
If you are a California resident and we disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, California’s Shine the Light Law (CA Civil Code Section 1798.83) allows you to request certain information from us about such disclosures. To make a request under the Shine the Light Law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that under California law, businesses are not required to respond to such requests more than once during any calendar year.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented measures designed to protect your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- International Transfer of Data
We may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries outside the United States and make it accessible to our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers internationally. By using the Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you are consenting to have your personal information transferred to and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers maintain facilities.